Friday, June 22, 2012

Eve of Destruction by Patrick Carman Review

Eve of Destruction
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Source: Conference
Second book in Dark Eden series
Will Besting and the other teens whose phobias were "cured" at Fort Eden have been summoned back by Mrs. Goring. Her dying wish is to see them together one last time. Or is it?
Ensnared in a dangerous, ever-deepening mystery, Will must lead his friends through a perilous underground trap masterminded by two devious souls at war with each other. It's a game of cat and mouse, and not everyone will be alive when it's over. Can Will outwit both Rainsford and Goring, ending their reign of fear forever?
Patrick Carman's"Dark Eden: Eve of Destruction" offers a harrowing journey into the depths of fear, love, revenge, and--ultimately--redemption.



Review
I adore this book. I loved it even more than the first one. It was so exciting amd I loved that all my favorite characters were back. This series never fails to surprise me. It wasnt what I was expecting and I loved that I couldnt guess what was going to happen.

I feel like the characters were going through a tougher time in this. It was a lot more intesne than the first. The original 7 were basically locked in a torture chamber under Fort Eden and they had to find their way out. My favorties are still Will and Marisa. They are a perfect couple and their super adorable. I liked how the rest of the characters were featured more. They each played their own part. One thing I didnt like about the first one was that I didnt get a chance to know them. That was fixed in this and I'm very glad about that. I really love all these characters.

This book was impossible to put down. The suspense was killer. I loved all the action. There was so many twists, it was impossible to guess what was going to happen next.The ending seemed very closed. Like everything was tied up. I hope theres another book because I'm really enjoyinh them. Overall I really loved this. I have my fingers crossed theres another book and I highly recommend :). 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment